Sonia Gandhi: Opposition CMs target Centre at Sonia-led meet: Who said what | India News
The digital assembly used to be convened to talk about a number of key problems such because the row over NEET/JEE assessments, the Covid-19 state of affairs within the nation and GST repayment to states. Concentrated on the Centre over more than a few problems, the leaders mentioned there used to be a wish to paintings and combat in combination towards the Modi govt.
This is who mentioned what on the assembly:
Congress leader Sonia Gandhi
* Bulletins corresponding to the ones associated with the Nationwide Schooling Coverage must actually concern the opposition as they’re a setback for secular and clinical values and expose the “insensitivity” of the federal government. Different issues of scholars and assessments also are being handled “uncaringly”.
* Within the assembly of Status Committee of Finance on 11 August, the finance secretary mentioned that the Centre isn’t able to pay necessary GST repayment of 14% for the present 12 months. This refusal is little short of betrayal on a part of the Modi govt.
* In her introductory remarks, Sonia mentioned she agreed with West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee and Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray that every one opposition-ruled states must in combination combat the Centre for his or her rights.
* The draft EIA law is anti-democratic; rules to give protection to atmosphere, public well being are being weakened by way of the Modi govt.
* We need to paintings and combat in combination towards the Central govt.
Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray
* We must come to a decision whether or not we need to combat or worry the Central govt.
* Opposition leader ministers must discuss louder because the Central govt is attempting to suppress our voice.
* There used to be a file from the USA that about 97,000 youngsters had been inflamed by way of Covid-19 when faculties had been opened. What’s going to we do if this type of state of affairs arises right here?
West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
* The assessments (NEET/JEE) are in September. Why must the lives of scholars be put in peril? Now we have written to the PM, however there was no reaction.
* If the Top Minister does now not pay attention to us, then all of us (states) jointly must means the Excellent Courtroom at the factor.
* This shall be my request to all state govt, allow us to do it in combination, allow us to cross to Excellent Courtroom and delay the examination in the meanwhile till and until the location permits scholars to sit down for assessments.
Punjab CM Amarinder Singh
* The Covid-19 state of affairs is getting worse. We’ve got spent just about Rs 500 crore, We are in a state of affairs the place the funds of our states are utterly down.
* Punjab would possibly face a deficit of Rs 25,000 crore this 12 months because of the pandemic.
* The Centre has now not paid the GST repayment. I accept as true with Mamata ji that we must jointly see PM Modi and apprise him of the income state of affairs in states.
* All folks within the assembly as of late must cross to the Excellent Courtroom (to record a assessment petition at the Excellent Courtroom’s order to carry NEET and JEE assessments).
Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel
* The Centre has now not paid the GST repayment to the states for the remaining four months. As of late, the location is frightened.
Jharkhand CM Hemant Soren
* The ruling birthday party us the usage of companies towards the opposition and undermining the federal construction of the rustic.
Puducherry CM V Narayanasamy
* Carrying out NEET, JEE will result in upward thrust in Covid-19 circumstances.
* The Centre shall be accountable if scholars get affected throughout the assessments.
In Video:Opposition CMs, Sonia Gandhi target Centre at virtual meet