Manage a Bee or Wasp Sting
The sting of a bee is generally more virulent than that of a wasp, and some people may suffer some form of side effects. But normally the stings provoke a localized reaction, with redness and swelling surrounding the sting area. Some of the reactions to a bee sting can be very painful when the swelling increases to the whole limb, causing problems with movement. Depending on if the victim is allergic to bee venom. The sting of a bee is barbed at the end, and is consequently always left in the wound. Your experience with the wasp is different in that the sting bit, is pointed only, so that the latter insect can sting more than once, which a bee cannot do.
When stung by a bee, as soon as possible get the sting part pulled out for the longer it remains in the wound, the deeper it will pierce, owing to its peculiar form, and omit more of the venom poison. Which is the sole cause of the pain and inflammation. Allergic reactions to a bee sting can be life threatening the possibility of anaphylaxis can occur. In which case urgent medical care is needed. Hornets & wasps are related to bees and their venom often causes anaphylaxis in people allergic to the venom. Treatment of hornet and wasp stings is much the same as for bee sting. Except that hornets and wasps don't leave their stingers behind and each insect can and will sting multiple times. What can you do to avoid ?. Get as far away as possible. Bees release a special scent when in danger to attract other bees in the area to come to their rescue shall we say. If you are still around when reinforcements get there they'll sting you. Treat the bee sting with a wet aspirin tablet. If you're not allergic to aspirin wipe it over the bee sting bump.
This anti inflammatory helps to ease swelling and pain from the bee sting. Baking soda or ammonia solution also reduce pain from a bee sting by changing the acidity of the sting site. Ask your pharmacist for an antihistamine and this will stop reduce the swelling, and ease the pain, respectively. If the victim is allergic to bee stings, they maybe carrying an epinephrine auto-injector. The only other alternative is make your way to the hospital. I think the most important thing to remember is don't panic, easy to say but it will help you, your friend and the situation.