Make Creamy Chicken Pot Pie – Recipe and Cooking Tips
Chicken Pies are feel-good foods. This Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is just the item for rich and flavourful dinner idea. the easiest home-cooked meal on your family. The wine supplies a very powerful style to the pie filling. Using ready-made puff pastry will imply you’ll be able to save time.
You may just make all the factor ahead of time and bake it merely forward of serving. A actually great idea and time saver, is to make a double portion of the pie filling and then freeze it for when you want a meal in a hurry. You can check out tasty variations once you’ll have mastered the basics. Not exactly low-fat diet delightful on the other hand best possible served with buttery mash and kid peas.
Some Chicken Pie Baking Tips
- You may just make the hen pie ahead of time and bake it merely forward of serving.
- Make a double portion of the pie filling and then freeze it for when you want a meal in a hurry.
- Always have a ready-made roll of puff pastry inside the freezer for when you are feeling like pie.
- make sure to make a few small slits inside of probably the most good of the pastry so that the steam can escape right through the baking time.
- Use left-over hen or ready-cooked hen if you want to save time.
- Use vegetables in season as the ones it will likely be more economical and readily available.
- Adjust the seasoning inside the filling to suit your private taste.
- Wine supplies superb depth to the flavor of the filling so if imaginable don’t go away it out.
Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Ingredients
- olive oil and butter, for frying
- salt and milled pepper
- 500g deboned hen thighs, diced
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 packet (250g) white or brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) thyme leaves
- part cup (125ml) white wine
- 1 cup (250ml) hen stock
- 1 tub (250ml) cream
- 1 small packet (80g) kid spinach, blanched and chopped or frozen vegetable mix
- 1 cup (250ml) fresh or frozen peas
- 1 roll puff pastry, defrosted, divided into 4
- 1 extra-large egg yolk, crushed
Cooking Instructions For Chicken and Mushroom Pot Pies
- Preheat oven to 220 C.
- Heat the oil and butter in pan and evenly saute the seasoned hen until browned. Remove the cooked hen from the pan and set aside.
- Fry the leeks, celery and mushrooms until soft on the other hand be careful not to brown a substantial amount of. Add the chopped garlic and fry for another minute.
- Toss inside the thyme leaves, wine, hen stock, cream and browned hen. Let this simmer for 25 minutes – the liquid will have to decreased via about phase. Stir by the use of wilted spinach and peas.
- Spoon filling into Four ramekins /small pie dishes and cover each and every with pastry. Crimp edges with a fork and make a few slits inside the pastry to allow steam to escape from the hen pies while they are baking.
- Brush the tops of the pies with egg yolk and bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry has lengthy long past that delicious golden colour.
This Chicken Pot Pie serves Four people.
Check this Website for More Recipes
Article Source Link