Lego Harry Potter Crashes
The game Lego Harry Potter based on the movie Harry Potter was reported to be crashing by some users. The users claimed that while playing the game, the screen accidentally starts freezing along with an error message. They have no choice other than terminating the game using Task Manager.
If you are caught in a similar situation and your Lego Harry Potter crashes frequently then you shall try the following:
1. Ensure Game Requirements and make sure you have installed the Graphics Card which the game requires
2. Free-Up the Disk Space and Clean Registry
3. Change Screen Resolution
4. Change Sound Frequency
5. Modify Configurations in a Program File
6. Restore the Default Settings
7. Reinstall the Game
Ensure Game Requirements and make sure you have installed the Graphics Card which the game requires
Refer to the ReadMe documentation for information about the minimum system requirements. Make sure you have the right graphics card which the game requires.
Free-Up the Disk Space and Clean Registry
In some cases, the free space on the disk is very low and thus Lego Harry Potter crashes. Before running the game, care must be taken that you are not running in Low Disk Space situation.
For cleaning the unnecessarily used disk space, non-required files and stuff, you can use a system cleanup utility which will also clean the corrupted registry keys created by the game. This is a very useful and quick way to fix game crashes.
Change Screen Resolution
In some cases, it was observed that changing the screen resolution to 800*600 solved Lego Harry Potter crashes in many PCs.
Change Sound Frequency
Make sure that the Sound Frequency is set to 16 bit, 44100 Hz of CD Quality. It should not exceed 48 kHz.
Here are the steps to change the sound frequency:
1. Click Start | Control Panel.
2. Click Hardware and Sound | Sound.
3. Select your speaker from the new dialog, and click Properties button.
4. Click Advanced tab.
5. Select this Sound Frequency: 16 bit, 44100 Hz of CD Quality
6. You can test it by clicking the Test button at right hand side.
7. Click Apply | OK | Apply | OK.
Modify Configurations in a Program File
There is one file named PcConfig.txt containing instructions for the game. We are going to modify the values of three commands to fix Lego Harry Potter Crashes:
1. Press Windows Key and R to open the Run dialog. Or otherwise, click Start | Run.
2. Type AppData and press ENTER.
3. Double click: Roaming | WB Games | Lego Harry Potter.
4. Open the file named PcConfig.txt
5. Change the values of the commands to the following:
a. Use Hires: 0
b. UseHiresPending: 0
c. DesiredDynamicLightQuality: 0
6. Save the changes you have made.
Note: If you can’t find the file named PcConfig.txt, then do a Search by pressing F3 key of your keyboard.
Restore the Default Settings
If you had modified the game settings, then restore them to the defaults. This will help prevent Lego Harry Potter Crashing caused by improper settings or by non-compatible features.
Reinstall the Game
In case the registry/system cleaning and the tips described above do not work then try reinstalling the game:
1. Click Start | Control Panel.
2. For Windows XP, double click Add or Remove Programs. For Windows Vista/ 7, click Programs | Uninstall a Program.
3. Select the game Lego Harry Potter from the list of installed programs.
4. Click Uninstall or Remove button.
5. Follow the on screen instructions.
6. Reboot the system after completion.
7. Run the setup program to install the game again.
Contact PC/Computer Support For Help by Technical Support for your Laptop/PC/Mac/Tablets