All aspiring professionals know the importance of a good CV as it is not just a page but it’s a reflection of all your qualifications, experiences, personality, traits, goals, etc. Whenever candidates apply for a new job or look forward to have a change in their job, CV is the key to get them screened in the first stage after which they secure a place for further stages.
It’s very important how you write your CV, so that it is added in the interview pile instead of going directly in the bin. You need not to be a professional while writing your CV; anyone can do it, if he knows the right way of writing it. Following are some of the tips which will help you in writing a successful CV
• Start with the very basics of writing a CV: Your CV must cover some common sections which include personal and contact information, your education and qualifications, work experiences, skills related to job you are applying for, your interests, achievements and hobbies, references if you have any.
• Presentation matters a lot: Be very careful while writing a CV, so that all the information is clearly presented in a structured way. Take the print on a clean crisp white paper. The employer will first see the upper middle area of the first page of your CV, so always keep the most important information there.
• Not more than two pages: Clear, Concise and Clear are the 3C’s to have a good CV. A CV shouldn’t be more than 2 pages of length.
• Before writing your CV, it’s important to understand the job description of the post for which you are writing the CV.
• After knowing the requirements of the job you can match your skills with it and write the CV. Therefore it’s mandatory to write a new CV every time you apply for a job, as per the job requirements.
• Always mention your key skills in the skill section of your CV, which will help you in stand out from the crowd.
• In the interest section, mention those skills which you have gained and employers are looking for.
• Use positive tone while writing about your work history and mention the experiences and skills you have gained while working with them. Clearly mention your role and responsibilities.
• Include all the references you have ever received from your employers.
• Always keep your CV updated on regular basis.
Using these tips you will be able to write a successful CV.