How to Prepare Chicken Saagwala
Punjabi food is known for its spicy flavour. This is an indigenous Punjabi dish which is locally called Murg Saagwala. If chicken and spinach would blend in a juicy, succulent and nutritious fusion then it is certainly a recipe for Chicken Saagwala.
- 1 cup of chicken ( Cut the chicken into pieces)
- 3 cups of spinach puree
- 1 table spoon cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- ½ cup grated onions
- ¼ cup of tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons salt
- ¼ tablespoon garam masala
- ½ tablespoon of red pepper (powdered)
- ½ tablespoon of coriander seeds (powdered)
- 1 cup oil
- Cream for garnishing
- Heat the oil in pan and when it is hot enough, you require adding cumin seeds to it. When cumin seeds start spluttering add garlic and ginger paste and bay leaf and sauté until they turn brown.
- Now add onions. Saute till they turn soft and pinkish.
- Turn the flame to high and add chicken to the onions. Turn the chicken when it turns to blackish brown in colour.
- Now reduce the flame allow the heat to be reduced. Let the chicken cook until it grows tender. Keep stirring in between for a few times.
- Now add tomato puree and keep stirring until the fat starts separating.
- Now add garam masala, salt and red pepper and mix them up well.
- Add spinach to the chicken and sauté it for say 2-3 minutes.
- Turn it around for some time (a minute or so).
- Serve hot.
- Garnish it with cream.
- Chicken saagwala is now ready for you. Enjoy the temting experience!
Do not forget to plate it carefully as garnishing is one of the most important parts of cooking. You can garnish using freshly cut vegetables. Serve it and enjoy the dish.
Chicken Saagwala is one of the succulent Indian recipes which one can savour with rice, chapatis or you can even relish the taste as a stand alone dish. From the nutritional point of view, the saag (spinach) and chicken is a high in protein and fiber content, hence great for your heart and healthy too. One can add other garnishings too to add colour to the dish, however adding garnishings such as parsley leaves, capsicum and coriander is recommended.
If you intend to make the dish more spicy, then you can add more spice, add more dollops of tomato puree and yes, some more curry powder and of course – chillies!
Check this Website for More Recipes
No related posts.